Executive Director – Kylie Stokes
Kylie is dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with disabilities and assisting individuals in reaching their full potential. She has worked for the community sector for 20 years in the areas of disability and community development; and has worked for Sharing Places for many years. Kylie is committed to the Canberra community having been a life-long resident of the ACT. She was a recipient of the 2012 Joan Berry Scholarship which assisted her studying with the Australian School of Applied Management. Kylie is also currently completing a Bachelor of Business Management. Kylie aims to lead the disability community into the future supporting disability reforms and the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Chair – Shelby Schofield
Shelby has been a member of the Sharing Places Board for four years. She graduated from the University of Canberra in 2005 with degrees in economics and
business administration. She currently works as an economist in the Commonwealth Department of the Treasury. Shelby has a strong interest in social policy issues and disability advocacy. She is also a member of the Western Creek Community Council and the Arawang Netball Association Board.
- Senior Manager (Business): Alicia Gaudie
- Senior Manager (Programs): Mary-Ann Kal
- Human Resource Manager: Kaz Kaczmarek
- Program Coordinator: Jackie Lam
- Program Coordinator: Sharon Firth
- Program Coordinator: Mike Bertram
- Program Coordinator (Training): Geoff Wallace
The Organisation is supported by four dedicated administrative and finance officers who provide a thorough knowledge of Sharing Places and offer a friendly service to both service users and colleagues.
Each support team has a team leader (either a Program Coordinator or a Team Coordinator), a Support Worker Level 2 and one or more Support Worker Level 1(s). All support staff are permanent employees and support the same clients on a regular basis. This ensures continuity of care and a consistent approach to enable participants to work towards achieving their personal goals. Each team has a unique identifier for clear communication. The Support Teams and team leaders are as follows:
- Banksia (Holt) – Michael Bertram
- Blundell (Holt) – Lucky Kaur
- Boronia (Holt) – Michael Bertram
- Brindabella (Wanniassa) – Steve Wettstein
- Corin (Pearce) – Jain George
- Jasper (Melba) – Dong Kang
- Majura (Pearce) – Jackie Lam
- Namadgi (Pearce) – Michael Simms
- Stromlo (Pearce) – Sharon Firth
- Taylor (Pearce) – Manpreet Kaur
- Waratah (Pearce) – Sharon Firth
SPI has three long term employees that assist in transporting participants to and from Sharing Places venues in the mornings and afternoons that are trained in disability support and hold current First Aid Certificates.